Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I came home from school in Kindergarten hysterical, literally bawling: "Rolando told me I HAVE to marry him, but I am marrying my Daddy!" I was completely serious, I thought I was going to marry my Dad for about the first 6 years of my life. Who was this Rolando kid to stand in the way of my plans? My mom very kindly broke my heart and explained to me why I couldn't marry my Dad. Luckily, I found a man who possesses some of my Dad's best qualities to call my husband.
 
There is no other love, bond, or friendship like the one a little girl has with her Dad. My Dad has lived on a pedestal and walked on water for as long as I can remember. He was and still is my real life superhero. Whenever I needed advice about big life decisions, he was the first one I turned to. He pushed me to be better, to go farther and not only find my dreams but to pursue them. He never refrained from telling me that I could do anything I put my mind to. He has made me a better person. He has shown me what it is to be loved unconditionally and taught me about the importance of family. For all of that, I am eternally grateful.
 
I am proud to call him my Father, to show him off to my friends, knowing that everyone he meets will instantly love him... he's just that kind of guy. I am so very blessed.
 
 
Happy 49th Birthday! I love you to the moon, Pops.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Felix! Tell him thanks for raising the best gal (friend) a girl could ask for!

    ReplyDelete