Tuesday, June 11, 2013

We meet again, finally.

I have whole-heartedly missed this outlet. Between work, friends, doctors appointments, and everything in between, I've been busy. But who am I kidding? Aren't we all busy?

The truth is I don't know where to pick up from where I left off. Do I skip the grief part of my life I have been dealing with and head straight to a picture of the cute shoes I just bought? Do I post about our mini vacation over memorial day? I really don't know.  Do I want this blog to be all about grief? No, absolutely not. Do I want it to be real? Yes, of course. The happy moments, the small things are what I want to remember most. But among those moments are trials, big and small. Trials that build character and shape us as we grow... and they should be documented too.

I guess you can say, the small moments I have taken for granted so often are more appreciated than ever. I see the fingerprints of the Lord everywhere I go. Finding the positive in a tough situation isn't always easy, but it's possible. I am figuring it out. Don't get me wrong, I fail, sometimes horribly. But for the most part, I am finding beauty in unexpected places.

I will leave you with this beautiful quote, "Faith endures trails. Trials come and go, but a strong faith will face them head-on and develop endurance."

 
Here's a few little moments from lately:


1 comment: