Monday, July 15, 2013

Words of Wisdom

"Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn, then always be a unicorn."
 
Being yourself may come easy for some, but for others morphing into their surroundings is how they adapt. I am guilty of the ladder, unfortunately. But if we're being honest, who isn't? Being accepted is something we all desire, for the most part.
 
Change is the only constant and it can be so easy to lose your passions and your
uniqueness along the way. Far too often, kids are discouraged to embrace their weirdness and just be who they are. We find ourselves in a society where everyone strives to be like
someone else. I know, because I have been one of those people. Honestly, I think the weird little kids got it all figured out.
 
 Today, I vow to be myself, I am changing, hopefully for the better each and everyday. Some days are filled with mistakes and shoulda's-coulda's-woulda's but those are the most valuable days, those are the days we grow.
 
Just some food for thought--Happy Monday!
xo
 

My favorite weirdo, who is never afraid to be himself. I sure do love him, a lot a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment